I look forward to testing 13.04.  Hard to believe that a few windows
properties settings can be such a pain, but I do understand that the
man-power shortage can cause problems.

I think a lot of it can be solved by doing a more assiduous QA inside
the heads of the programmers.  They seem to be an uncaring lot.  Wastn't
true of them when I was running a programming shop.  The rule should be
"Think what you are doing to users other than yourselves."

  the system settings grid shouldn't use a fixed geometry

Status in GNOME Control Center:
  Invalid
Status in GTK+ GUI Toolkit:
  New
Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  Because i have visual acuity problems it is necessary for me to use a
  larger font on my desktop.  This program and several others have fixed
  windows boundaries and cannot be resized.  Another example is the Menu
  Editor (alacarte) which is insensitive of the font size along with
  this rather inconvenient new item.  As a programmer of long
  experience, I find this sort of thing to be careless and sloppy.  Who
  is doing QA on this stuff before you send it out???

  Release:      11.10
  gnome-control-center:
    Installed: 1:3.2.2-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1:3.2.2-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.2.2-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:3.2.0-0ubuntu6 0
          500 http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric/main amd64 Packages

  What should happen?  All utility windows should be both resizable and
sensitive to the font in use.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.2.2-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Feb 19 09:42:45 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111012)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_CA:en
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_CA.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-control-center
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2012-02-17 (2 days ago)
  usr_lib_gnome-control-center:
   deja-dup           20.1-0ubuntu0.2
   gnome-bluetooth    3.2.0-0ubuntu2
   indicator-datetime 0.3.1-0ubuntu1