On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 09:25:38PM -0000, Christian wrote:
> I having this same problem in all my ltsp clients that have nvidia video card.
> I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.1 64 bits.
> Is there any workarround?

You can create an empty file to override it:

  sudo mkdir -p /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ldm/rc.d/
  sudo touch /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ldm/rc.d/X51-opengl
  sudo ltsp-update-image

Adjust i386 for amd64 if you're using amd64 clients.

Note that if it is ever fixed properly, you'll want to remove this empty
file.

live well,
  vagrant

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT causes firefox crashes

Status in Linux Terminal Server Project:
  New
Status in “xserver-xorg-video-nouveau” package in Ubuntu:

  In some cases, the default LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=true is causing the
following problems on thin clients:
   * When starting firefox, xorg crashes, without any relevant messages in
.xsession-errors or in Xorg.log.
   * When *closing* chromium-browser, xorg crashes.

  The first of the setups where this was observed had the following
  graphics card on both the server and the clients, and had no
  proprietary drivers installed:

  # lspci -nn -k | grep -A 2 VGA
  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation NV18 [GeForce4
MX 440 AGP 8x] [10de:0181] (rev c1)
           Kernel driver in use: nouveau
           Kernel modules: nouveau, nvidiafb

  That's on Ubuntu Precise, fully updated.