Allan Kelly, thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to
make Ubuntu better. Please execute the following command, as it will
automatically gather debugging information, in a terminal:
apport-collect BUGNUMBER
When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-bug' and
the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this functionality
at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs.

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  Bit Fields appear as Varchar using libreoffice-mysqlconnector

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  After changing from using ODBC to MySQL Connector extension to connect
  to MySQL databases, I noticed some columns defined as Bit fields did
  not behave correctly. Field data would not modify.

  Editing the tables in Libreoffice  I have found that columns which are
  defined as Bit in MySQL are shown as Field Type  text VARCHAR .

  Ubuntu 12.04
  libreoffice 1:3.5.4-0ubuntu1.1   (LibreOffice 3.5.4.2 Build ID:
350m1(Build:2))
  libreoffice-mysql-connector 1.0.1+LibO3.5.4-0ubuntu1.1
  mysql-client 5.5.28-0ubuntu0.12.04.2
  mysql-server 5.5.28-0ubuntu0.12.04.2