Bump - This was confirmed a month ago. I really don't have the skills to
know how to begin to fix this. I've tried downloading the source and
compiling that but there is no change. :-(

I think it must be something to do with missing GTK libraries or
similar, otherwise this wouldn't work for anyone! What GTK libraries do
we need to have installed and how do we check whether they are or not??

Packages, which is subscribed to gwibber in Ubuntu.

  bug in gwibber : (gwibber:4294): Gtk-CRITICAL **:
  gtk_radio_button_set_group: assertion `!g_slist_find (group,
  radio_button)' failed  (gwibber:4294): Gtk-CRITICAL **:
  gtk_widget_show: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Status in “gwibber” package in Ubuntu:

  I've intalled gwibber package and when I launch it I see:

  (gwibber:4294): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_radio_button_set_group: assertion
  `!g_slist_find (group, radio_button)' failed

  (gwibber:4294): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_show: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET
(widget)' failed

  I configured my facebook account and it told me it was successful.
  Gwibber window open without any icons, it's unusable.