Ah, I should have mentioned libreoffice-gtk has to be installed. I'll add that
to the summary.
Note that manually showing Onboard pauses auto-show/hide and locks the keyboard
visible. It doesn't act on Writer's focus messages then. Manual hiding turns
auto-show back on.

** Description changed:

  Typing into Writer generates an AT-SPI event for lost focus. Onboard
  hides when that happens and has to be manually shown again to be able to
  continue typing.

  Steps to reproduce:
- 1. Start Onboard screen keyboard, auto-show enabled
- 2. Start Writer with an empty document
+ 1. sudo apt-get install libreoffice-gtk libreoffice-writer
+ 2. Start Onboard screen keyboard, auto-show enabled
+ 3. Start Writer with an empty document
     -> keyboard shows, ok
- 3. Type one character
+ 4. Type one character
     -> keyboard hides, when it should stay visible

  Ubuntu 13.04
  LibreOffice 1:3.6.2~rc2-0ubuntu6

  Typing into Writer hides Onboard screen keyboard

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  New
Status in Ubuntu on the Nexus 7:
  Confirmed
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu: