** Branch linked: lp:~desktop-bugs/ubuntu/raring/language-selector/auth

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  checks "admin" group membership instead of querying polkit

Status in “language-selector” package in Ubuntu:

  In a new install of Ubuntu Precise, I cannot make any system-wide
  changes in the language selector (such as installing languages or
  clicking "Apply System-Wide"), only user-specific changes. All those
  controls for system-wide changes are greyed out, although my user does
  have sudo abilities and I would be able to enter the root password of
  the machine.

  The machine is freshly installed, but with customizations specific to
  our site, e.g. ldap authentication for users. Specifically, my user is
  an ldap user, not a local one, and there is a group in the ldap
  directory which was granted sudo capability by adding it to
  /etc/sudoers. My user is part of that group. sudo on the command line
  and gksudo work fine.

  Package: language-selector-gnome 0.79
  Date: Mon Jun  4 08:20:04 2012
  PackageArchitecture: all