** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

  3.7 kernel and network manager do not play nicely in kubuntu raring

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Sorry - Ubuntu-bug didn't give me suitable options, and clearly some
  of the information it's reporting is just incorrect .

  I upgraded kubuntu 12.10 to 13.04 last night, and observed the update-
  initramfs bug
  (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kmod/+bug/1073062).  Upon
  restart, KDE loads, but NetworkManager takes 100% cpu, and fails to
  allow wireless connections. (Changing the backend from NetworkManager
  to Wicd does not help.)

  However, if you restart and select the 3.5 kernel instead of 3.7
  kernel, the problem disappears completely.

  I'm happy to help debug and provide further information if you can
  tell me what it is that's needed.

  Anthony Fejes

  Package: xorg 1:7.7+1ubuntu4
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia wl