[Expired for vino (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: vino (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to vino in Ubuntu.

  Errors While Connecting to Remote Desktop

Status in “vino” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: vino

  I'm running the Remote Desktop in Hardy on two different machines and
  whenever I connect to them for the first two or three times, it works
  great, but after that, I start getting the error, "Unknown VNC
  authentication result!". Turning off Remote Desktop, then running the
  command "killall vino", then re-enabling the Remote Desktop fixes the
  problem, but obviously, I can't do that from a remote location, which
  completely defeats the purpose of Remote Desktop.

  I am using the latest Hardy and the client is an XP machine using the
  UltraVNC client. I guess I should also mention that one of my machines
  has port 5900 forwarded through the router, so I can directly connect
  to it. In order to connect to the other machine, I log into via SSH
  and use the port forwarding feature of SSH to connect to Remote
  Desktop.

  So summarize, the machine I directly connect to gives the error
  "Unknown authentication scheme!", while the one connecting through SSH
  gives the error "Unknown VNC authentication result!".