Public bug reported:

I have a couple of network shares mounted in my system which are shared
with samba. When I copy to/from it to my laptop, which have the share
mounted in the file system with cifs, nautilus freezes and gets
unresponsive, but most of the time only after a while, not immediately.

When I access the mount by navigating to smb://share/ it never freezes
though. Perhaps it's using a different file system driver? I've had this
issue in 12.10, 12.04, 11.10 and 11.04. Before that I never had this
setup.

Ubuntu 12.10 x64
nautilus 1:3.5.90.really.3.4.2-0ubuntu4

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

+
+ Ubuntu 12.10 x64
+ nautilus 1:3.5.90.really.3.4.2-0ubuntu4

  Often when copying large file over cifs mounted network share nautilus
  freezes after a while

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu: