This bug has been reported on the Ubuntu ISO testing tracker.

A list of all reports related to this bug can be found here:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/bugs/1016683

** Tags added: iso-testing

  universal access visual alert not working

Status in Unity:
  New
Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  If I turn on Visual Alerts under System Settings / Universal Access in
  the Hearing tab, the "Flash the window title" option only works if the
  window is not maximized, and the "Flash the entire screen" option does
  not work at all. I am using Unity 2D under 12.04.

  With Unity 3D, neither "Flash the window title" nor "Flash the entire
  screen" works.