What is the status of enigmail wrt this bug? There were some changes
surrounding localizations but it isn't clear to me if they fix this bug.

** Changed in: enigmail (Ubuntu Lucid)

Packages, which is subscribed to mozilla-devscripts in Ubuntu.

  thunderbird loses langpacks after upgrade

Status in “adblock-plus” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “enigmail” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “mozilla-devscripts” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “mozvoikko” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “adblock-plus” source package in Lucid:
  Incomplete
Status in “enigmail” source package in Lucid:
  Incomplete
Status in “mozilla-devscripts” source package in Lucid:
  Fix Released
Status in “mozvoikko” source package in Lucid:
  Incomplete
Status in “thunderbird” source package in Lucid:
  Invalid
Status in Baltix GNU/Linux:

  Hi.
  After upgrading thunderbird to version 12.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.10.04.1 on
10.04 I cannot see any system-wide langpack in the addons menu. The reason of
it is that somehow (I think it's the order of package installation/configuring
) '/usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions' becomes a directory while upgrade  (it
should be symlink to '/usr/lib/thunderbird-addons/etenstions' normally). So,
all langpacks stays in '/usr/lib/thunderbird-addons/extensions', but
thunderbird doesn't detect them. I don't see this problem on 12.04, I think
it's because it already had /usr/lib/thunderbird folder before upgrade, but
ubuntu 10.04 used /usr/lib/thunderbird-a.b directories for storing thunderbird
package data earlier, so it has this problem.

  A quick solution is:
  mv /usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/* /usr/lib/thunderbird-addons/extensions
  rmdir  /usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions
  ln -s /usr/lib/thunderbird-addons/extensions /usr/lib/thunderbird

  This bug has already affected many machines in our office.

  Thanks.