The workaround described above does not seem to work for me.

Packages, which is subscribed to gwibber in Ubuntu.

  gwibber does not refresh Facebook feeds

Status in Gwibber:
  Confirmed
Status in “gwibber” package in Ubuntu:

  Since around November 28th, Gwibber stopped updating my Facebook
  feeds. First, I tried to delete my facebook account from online
  accounts and than uninstall and reinstall gwibber. Then, I removed
  ubuntu from facebook app settings after doing all of the above. Then I
  checked my proxy settings, and my proxy is on none. When I open
  gwibber, I see feeds that are 12-13 days old and when I try to
  refresh, it does not do anything. I mean it does not even write
  refreshing... at the bottom of the screen. When I check if gwibber-
  service is running correctly I get no mistake in the terminal. I've
  looked a lot around bugs sections in many sites but none of them had
  an answer.