Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Headphone jack sense doesn't work in Hewlett Packard DV6 2113TX -
  builtin speakers keep playing (fix/work-around included)

Status in The Linux Mint Distribution:
  New
Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a Hewlett Packard DV6 2113tx, which has hda-intel sound. I'm
  using Linux Mint 12.

  When I plug headphones into the jack on the front, the sound plays
  through the headphones, but it also continues to play through the
  built-in speakers.

  I have got the jack working properly by adding the following line to
  /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

  options snd-hda-intel model=hp-dv5 enable_msi=1