Please run the command "apport-collect 1099237" in a terminal, so we can
get some more information about your hardware.

** Package changed: alsa-plugins (Ubuntu) => alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Audio Stopped Working

Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:

  In approx. the last 7-10 days, audio on my computer stopped working
  (audio has worked fine since installing 12.04 LTS) and I have not been
  able to get it working since.  Sound works fine in Windows 7.  OS is
  Ubuntu 12.04 LTS patched current.  Hardware platform is:  HP Pavilion
  dv6t-6c00 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC, Product number (P/N):
  A1U60AV.

  I performed a complete uninstall of all applications I could tell have
  a direct link to audio that were recently installed/undated (VLC) and
  rebooted. Did not fix the problem so reinstalled VLC.  Used synaptic
  to completely uninstall all pulse audio files, rebooted, and
  reinstalled pulseaudio.  No help.  While I have been using Linux for a
  while, I still consider myself a noob.  Will glad help anyway I can
  troubleshooting this problem.

  Tests/Actions Performed

  gbray@C4U:~$ sudo ubuntu-bug -s audio
  [sudo] password for gbray:
  ERROR: symptom script /usr/share/apport/symptoms/audio.py crashed:
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/apport/ui.py", line 56, in
thread_collect_info
      package = symb['run'](report, ui)
    File "/usr/share/apport/symptoms/audio.py", line 187, in run
      package = check_pulseaudio_running(report, ui)
    File "/usr/share/apport/symptoms/_audio_checks.py", line 80, in
check_pulseaudio_running
      return set_title(report, 'pulseaudio', 'Pulseaudio is not running')
  NameError: global name 'set_title' is not defined