Hy Samuel, In my Raring system /etc/brltty.key file is not empty, I sending with attachment. When I booting my Raring system, I see Brltty version number, my braille display are initialized. Following the /etc/brlapi.key file permissions: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 33 jan 11 11:02 /etc/brlapi.key
Your openion I try compile a latest source Brltty version from the Brltty repository? If yes, this situation I how can compile Python bindings? In Ubuntu Raring following Brltty package version are awailable: 4.4-6ubuntu1 Attila ** Attachment added: "brlapi.key" https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1099309/+attachment/3482805/+files/brlapi.key -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to brltty in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1099309 Title: [Quantal and Raring] Brltty native braille support doesn't work with Orca Status in “brltty” package in Ubuntu: New Bug description: Dear Developers, In Ubuntu Quantal and Ubuntu Raring if I enabling Orca with braille support, the Orca's debug.out file I see following traceback error message: BrlTTY seems to have disappeared: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/orca/braille.py", line 1720, in _brlAPIKeyReader key = _brlAPI.readKey(False) File "brlapi.pyx", line 535, in brlapi.Connection.readKey (brlapi.auto.c:6558) brlapi.OperationError: <unprintable OperationError object> If I remember right an oldest I opened thread with Brltty mailing list, this problem related the Python3 Brltty bindings. I attaching the Orca debug.out file. Attila ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.04 Package: brltty 4.4-6ubuntu1 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-0.3-generic 3.8.0-rc3 Uname: Linux 3.8.0-0-generic x86_64 ApportVersion: 2.8-0ubuntu1 Architecture: amd64 Date: Mon Jan 14 08:15:16 2013 InstallationDate: Installed on 2013-01-11 (2 days ago) InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" - Alpha amd64 (20130111) MarkForUpload: True ProcEnviron: TERM=xterm PATH=(custom, no user) XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set> LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 SHELL=/bin/bash SourcePackage: brltty UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brltty/+bug/1099309/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

