Public bug reported:

Hi,

Seem to me it is impossible to record raw audio of 16 bit signed little
endian, 2 channel 44100kHz with oggenc, under precise at least.

According to
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/45837/pipe-the-output-of-parec-to-sox
http://thisisabore.net/tag/CLI

it should be as simple as

oggenc --raw -o test.ogg -

However, that always gives me the following error:

Encoding standard input to
         "test.ogg"
at quality 3.00
Stream error: Invalid argument

Done encoding file "test.ogg"

        File length:  0m 00.0s
        Elapsed time: 0m 00.0s
        Rate:         0.0000
        Average bitrate: inf kb/s

It's been working before according to the listed sources, could it be a
bug of oggenc in precise?

can you try it with your release please?

BTW, to get the correct MONITOR device, use this

MONITOR=$(pactl list | egrep -A2 '^(\*\*\* )?Source #' | \
Name: .*\.monitor$' | awk '{print $NF}' | tail -n1)

ref: http://www.outflux.net/blog/archives/2009/04/19/recording-from-
pulseaudio/

Thanks

** Affects: vorbis-tools (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to vorbis-tools in Ubuntu.

  oggenc raw recording: Stream error: Invalid argument

Status in “vorbis-tools” package in Ubuntu: