Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that your report remained quite some time
unanswered.

I tried to reproduce the issue and I couldn't. Are you still seeing it
with an updated Ubuntu system?

** Changed in: transmission (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to transmission in Ubuntu.

  transmission-daemon permission error

Status in “transmission” package in Ubuntu:

  lsb_release -rd
  Release:        12.04

  Package version: precise.

  During installation of transmission-daemon, the following message
  appears:

   transmission-daemon (2.51-0ubuntu1) ...
   * Starting bittorrent daemon transmission-daemon
  [12:30:14.719] Couldn't read "/home/johan/.config/user-dirs.dirs": Permission
denied

  Permission of that file is -rw------- .

  Expected result: either the permissions of the file need to be
  different at creation time or the program shouldn't try to access it.