Thinkpad T430 (1600x900) and Lenovo 23" monitor (1920x1080)

My problem is very similar to the one described in Ubuntu question:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/194390/settings-for-multiple-monitors-
are-not-stored

I have side-by-side monitors (monitor (left); thinkpad (right)) with
both at their full resolutions, extended desktop with the dock on the
monitor (not the thinkpad). This is an awesome setup and I'm really
pleased with how shiny Unity looks. :) I can also switch Fn+f7 from that
to thinkpad-only and back again. Which is perfect.

Unfortunately, when I reboot, the settings are lost and the monitors are
put back to 'mirror' (with the rubbish resolutions that that causes),
the dock is put on my laptop screen, and the screens are swapped round
(right-to-left). So I have to redo the settings each morning.

While there are suggested workarounds in the Ubuntu question (above), I
think the Display Settings that have been selected should be retained
across boots. Otherwise, the Display Settings dialog just seems flaky.

Thanks.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
12.04 Setting for multiple monitors not stored
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.