I have a problem with convert to read.
 As soon as I click to highlight a mail piece it changes to "read Past tense"
I've not been able to find a setting to change this
 I recall there used to be a setting "set to read after ____ seconds"
There seems to be no mention of this in Help.
Thanks

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  Automatic Mark as Read fails if the first message presented on folder
  opening is new.

Status in The Evolution Mail & Calendaring Tool:
  Invalid
Status in “evolution” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: evolution

  This may be a bit difficult to explain...

  In Evolution, I currently have it configured to mark a new message as
  read 0.5 seconds after I open the message.  So, for example, I open my
  inbox folder and there are 50 messages total and 5 marked Unread.  I
  click on one of the 5 Unread messages and open it.  Evolution then
  marks that message as read about 0.5 seconds after I open the message
  and start reading it.

  When I open a folder, evolution opens up a message automatically.  IN
  some cases, this is the last message read, in some cases, it's the
  first unread message.  The bug exists when the second case is met.
  When I open a folder and evolution automatically opens an Unread
  message, that unread message is NOT automatically marked read.
  Instead, I have to open a different message and then return to that
  message to have it marked Read.

  This becomes an even bigger issue when I open a folder that contains
  exactly ONE message.  if I purge the contents of a folder, then get a
  new message in that folder, I have to use contextual menus to mark the
  message read, as there is NO way to have it handled by evolution in a
  automatic method.

  For example, please look at the screenshot I have attached.

  You'll see my folder for mail from the Laptop Testing Team mailing
  list at ubuntu.com.  I recently purged that folder of all old
  messages.  Then I recieved a new message from that list which was
  filtered into the folder for Laptop Testing Team.

  When I open that folder, the message is opened, however, it is NOT
  marked as read.  Since there is nothing else in that folder, I can't
  use the workaround of clicking on a different message then clicking
  back on that message.  Thus, the only way to mark the folder as read
  is to now use context menus on the folder itself.

  Package: evolution 2.30.3-1ubuntu7
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-22.35-generic 2.6.35.4
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-22-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Nov  8 14:53:37 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release amd64 (20091027)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: evolution