+   Candidate: 3.6.1-0ubuntu1
+   Version table:
+      3.6.1-0ubuntu1 0
+         500 http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal-updates/main amd64
Packages
+  *** 3.6.0-0ubuntu1 0
+         500 http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal/main amd64 Packages
+         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

- When I search for the tab character in a document (with Search -> Find)
- the part of the line after each found tab gets a dark background -
- sometimes it's black and sometimes it's blue.
+ When I search for a string (with Search -> Find) and a match is found at
+ the beginning of a line, that line gets a dark background - sometimes
+ it's black and sometimes it's blue - making it impossible to read
+ anything on that line after the highlighted match.

  Steps to reproduce the bug:

- 1. Launch Gedit. Press the tab key. Press Ctrl-F and search for tabs
- (\t).
+ 1. Launch Gedit. Write the string `foo bar' in a document. Press Ctrl-F
+ and search for `foo'.

- 2. What happens is that the background of the first line after the tab
- character is black or dark blue making it impossible or at least hard to
- read any text that may follow the tab character.
+ 2. What happens is that the background of the first line after the
+ highlighted word `foo' goes black or dark blue.

- 3. The expected behaviour would be not to change the color of the line
- after the tab character.
+ 3. The expected behaviour would be not to change the color of the
+ background except for the matched string.

** Attachment removed: "Screenshot"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gedit/+bug/1079324/+attachment/3434608/+files/my_xwd.png

** Summary changed:

- Dark background when searching for tabs
+ Dark background when searching for strings at the beginning of a line

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  Dark background when searching for strings at the beginning of a line

Status in “gedit” package in Ubuntu:

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:        12.10

  $ apt-cache policy gedit