Thanks Chris for that pointer!

Applying the mentionned patch solves the pointer jerkiness issue when
applying the "Coordinates Transformation Matrix" to my Atmel maXTouch
touchscreen.

I attach the corrected patch which can be added to the current Quantal
'xserver-xorg-core' (1.13.0-0ubuntu6.1) source (in debian/patches and
debian/patches/series)

Cheers

** Patch added: "(for Quantal 12.10 'xserver-xorg-core' source)"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1005321/+attachment/3499782/+files/238-dix-save-touchpoint-last-coordinates-before-transform.patch

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Several pointing device related problems occur when a touchscreen is
  installed

Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm running Kubuntu 12.04 64 bits on a Dell Inspiron One 2320, which
  has a touchscreen. Whenever the touchscreen is active, several weird
  problems related to the pointing device show up. Some examples:

  1. In Libreoffice Calc, if I hover the mouse over the zoom control bar
  in the bottom right corner of Calc's window, the mouse grabs the zoom
  control by itself, without me clicking any button. If I move the mouse
  left and right, without ever touching its buttons, it drags the zoom
  control left and right.

  2. In Libreoffice Calc, if I left-click a tab other than the currently
  selected one, the new tab is selected as expected, but the mouse
  behaves as if the clicked button had stuck. When I move the mouse
  after selecting another tab, the mouse cursor changes to the arrow
  with the little rectangle, as if it was dragging a cell.

  3. In Chromium, if I right-click a link and left-click "Open link in
  new tab",  the mouse behaves as if the left-click stuck. When I move
  the mouse after opening the new tab, the mouse cursor changes to the
  little hand grabbing a sheet, as if I was moving the clicked link.

  4. In Chromium, if I middle-click a link to open it in a new tab and
  then left-click the newly opened tab, the mouse cursor changes to the
  cross with arrowed points (the move window cursor) and the window is
  restored, as if I had started to drag it and let it go right after.

  5. In Handbrake, when a dialog opens, hovering the mouse over its text
  without pressing any button selects the text.

  Until now I haven't noticed similar problems with native KDE
  applications, except that in Kontact/KMail the mouse cursor image does
  not change according to the context (arrow cursor, text insertion
  cursor, etc.).

  Besides, there are several other problems related to the touchscreen
  itself:

  1. I can drag objects around the screen using the touchscreen, but I
  can't click anywhere. When I tap the touchscreen to click, the mouse
  cursor goes under my finger, but as long as I stop touching the cursor
  goes to some random place of the screen and the click is not
  registered.

  2. While I'm dragging objects using the touchscreen or while I'm
  drawing in Gimp or Kolourpaint using the touchscreen, the mouse cursor
  keeps jumping down and going back to where my finger is. For example,
  if I'm drawing an horizontal line with my finger, what I really get on
  the screen is almost a filled in rectangle, because as I slide the
  finger to one side, the mouse jumps down drawing a vertical line and
  then goes back to my finger and keeps doing that while I'm sliding my
  finger horizontally. I get several vertical lines very close to each
  other. If I'm dragging a window horizontally, it keeps jumping down
  and up again while I'm sliding the finger horizontally on the
  touchscreen.

  3. Multitouch does not work

  After I got these results, I installed the following packages:
  utouch and its dependencies
  xinput-calibrator

  They made no difference at all.

  I then tried the following package:
  xserver-xorg-input-tslib

  After a reboot, this package disabled the touchscreen completely (?!)
  and that was how I found out that the problems with Libreoffice,
  Chromium, Handbrake and Kontact/KMail mentioned above were related to
  the touchscreen. All problems were gone, but no touchscreen either.
  Before I installed this package, xinput --list returned one device
  named "Quanta OpticalTouchScreen". After I installed the package,
  xinput --list shows two devices with exactly this name and the
  touchscreen stopped responding.

  Then I removed the previous package and installed this one:
  xserver-xorg-input-multitouch

  Which made no difference at all. The system returned to the previous
  state, i.e., the touchscreen is responding but all the above mentioned
  problems are back.

  Package: xorg 1:7.6+12ubuntu1
  Date: Sun May 27 20:25:09 2012
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120423)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=pt_BR
   PATH=(custom, user)