I have this same issue with ubuntu 12.04.1 / unity-2d / MGA G200eW
graphic card.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-fbdev in Ubuntu.

  Mouse pointer flicker or disappear when moving it with left mouse
  button down

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-fbdev” package in Ubuntu:

  Acer Aspire One D270 (Intel Atom N2600, Intel NM10 Express, Intel GMA 3600).
  Xubuntu 12.04 (also reproduced on Ubuntu 12.04).
  Fresh install with latest updates.

  Problem appears when moving mouse pointer with left mouse button down.
  For example, when moving window by dragging its caption. Or when
  performing rectangular selection on Desktop. Or when dragging the
  scrollbar handle.

  When mouse pointer moving that way it flicker (blink) on every move. When I
stop moving it (still holding left mouse button down) it disappears and appears
again when I continue moving.
  Also it just disappears when I left-click without move and appears again only
after mouse move.

  Interesting, that issue doesn't reproduces directly after the boot (or
  Xorg restart). No flickering when dragging windows, for example.

  However, after some program changes mouse cursor shape to animated
  "rotating progress indicator" (something like this http://cur.cursors-
  4u.net/cursors/images6/cur593.gif) the curso begins to flicker when
  moving with button pressed (until next reboot or Xorg restart). Such
  program can be Update Manager or Ubuntu Software Center - they both
  switch mouse pointer shape to animated "in progress" indicator.

  Package: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.17.0-1ubuntu4
  Date: Wed Aug  8 20:10:39 2012
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US:en
   TERM=xterm