Public bug reported:

Recreate bug:
$ echo "\documentclass{article} \begin{document} $\alpha, \beta, \gamma$
\end{document}" | pdflatex
$ evince article.pdf
Press Ctrl-P and choose "Print to File". output.pdf
Exit Evince.
$ evince output.pdf

What happens: The beta character gets pushed a few points to the right,
on top of the comma. (see attached image).

What should happen: You should get the same rendering on the screen as
when viewing the original file article.pdf.

Ubuntu 12.10
Evince 3.6.0-0ubuntu2

I do get the right output when printing the file article.pdf with lpr.

** Affects: evince (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2013-01-28 10:34:28.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1107693/+attachment/3504192/+files/Screenshot%20from%202013-01-28%2010%3A34%3A28.png

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  Wrong spacing around beta character when printing a latex generated
  pdf

Status in “evince” package in Ubuntu: