about the item : 3) Mouse cursor disappears if there is rendering happening
underneath it
May it could be the same issue as
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-vesa/+bug/1098862 ?

Also I've made a video of what I observe : http://youtu.be/NmRP9S744rk

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-sis in Ubuntu.

  [Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 32-bit] Several SiS 661GX / 761GX (SiS Mirage 1
  integrated graphics) issues

Status in “ubuntu” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “xserver-xorg-video-sis” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I will like to report that SiS 661GX's integrated graphics (Real256E
  graphics) has number of issues (bugs) under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit.

  1) Ubuntu logo doesn't get displayed until the last moment, and it is
  at a low screen resolution

  In a typical system, during boot, Ubuntu displays its graphical logo with red
dots flashing on the screen.
  In a SiS 661GX-based system, the screen will have a dark purple background
pretty much throughout the boot up, and Ubuntu graphical logo will not get
displayed until just right before the login screen gets displayed.

  2) The graphics starts out in interlaced mode if I use Gateway EV700
  CRT monitor with it

  I often use this computer (see System Configuration 1) with Gateway EV700 CRT
monitor.
  Unfortunately, Ubuntu will choose interlaced mode for the screen (87 Hz
Interlaced).
  Since Ubuntu 12.04 doesn't have a direct way to alter the screen refresh rate
from its control panel like menu, the screen quality will be quite poor.
  Since the monitor itself it capable of 1024 X 768 @ 75 Hz Non-Interlaced,
shouldn't this behavior (starting out in interlaced mode) be considered a bug?

  3) Mouse cursor disappears if there is rendering happening underneath
  it

  I don't know if the SiS x.org display device driver uses hardware cursor
feature of SiS graphics (I am assuming that SiS graphics supports hardware
cursor.), but I notice that it disappears when there is some rendering
happening underneath it.
  Particularly noticable in Firefox.
  I didn't observe this with NVIDIA or ATI Technologies graphics so I assume
this is a bug.

  4) Screen horizontal and/or vertical frequency goes nuts during
  restart or shut down

  When I try to restart or shut down this computer, the monitor's horizontal
and/or vertical frequency goes out of range.
  I don't know which one goes out of range, and I have no way of knowing this.
  I will say that this is potentially dangerous since it can damage a monitor,
although if I am correct, most monitors have ways to detect this kind of
condition, and will display a warning message to prevent damage to the monitor.
  Regardless, it is not a desirable condition, and I believe this should be
considered a bug.

  Overall, these issues mentioned here didn't exist in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32-bit.
  All of them appeared in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit.
          Regarding this SiS Real256E integrated graphics, I have another
mainboard called ECS 761GX-M754 (SiS 761GX/964 chipset).
  The integrated graphics inside SiS 761GX is identical to SiS 661GX.
  SiS 761GX also exhibits issues similar to what was described here.

  System Configuration 1:

  - Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
     * 800 MHz FSB
      * 130 nm device (Northwood)
      * Hyperthreading enabled
  - ASUS P4S8X-MX mainboard
      * SiS 661GX northbridge
      * SiS 964 southbridge
      * BIOS Revision 0808 (last release)
  - 1 GB DDR SDRAM
  - SiS Real256E integrated graphics
     * Using 16MB for graphics
  - Hitachi IC35L060AVV207-0 60GB PATA hard drive
  - Hitachi-LG Data Storage GCC-4481B PATA CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive
  - USB multi-card reader
  - USB keyboard
  - USB mouse
  - Gateway EV700 CRT monitor