Does the issue looks like this ? http://youtu.be/NmRP9S744rk

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  mouse pointer disappears in ubuntu (11.04 onwards...)

Status in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “xserver-xorg-input-evdev” package in Ubuntu:

  When hovering mouse over applications, places, or system, on top
  panel, when the pop up description appears the mouse pointer
  disappears. If I touch the touchpad, the pointer reappears.  Also,
  when computer boots to desktop the mouse pointer is not shown. again
  if I touch the touchpad the mouse pointer appears in center of screen.
  using ubuntu 11.04.  This does not happen with ubuntu 10.10.  laptop
  is a gateway 3550GZ.  mouse and keyboard preferences are set the same
  in both instances of ubuntu.  Using classic desktop.  this computer
  hardware is not sufficient for Unity.