Hi is there any update on the status of the indicator? I am still
interested in fixing the bug.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  Middle clicking the keyboard layout indicator has behaviour
  inconsistent with other indicator applets

Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu network, Bluetooth, keyboard menus:
  Confirmed
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:

  One possible solution would be to cycle through languages on middle-
  click.

  This is functionality I have long wanted to see and should be easy to
  implement.