** Attachment added: "Schermafdruk van 2013-02-02 16:50:27.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nouveau/+bug/1113454/+attachment/3511839/+files/Schermafdruk%20van%202013-02-02%2016%3A50%3A27.png

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  Artefacts with nouveau driver

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-nouveau” package in Ubuntu:

  On my laptop, Acer Aspire 7520 with a Geforce 8400m G graphics card I
  can't get the nvidia driver working correctly: this driver crashes my
  system (brings it to a total freeze, not abililty to start another
  session or reboot) totally at least 3 times a day.

  With Nouveau drivers it seems to work fine, but after some time, I get
  artefacts in programs, on the desktop and the unity bar. It gets
  unusable very fast.

  Restarting X solves the problem, but causes (obviously) a restart of
  all running apps.

  I have added x-edgers ppa instead of the regular source, but this
  brings only a very slight improvement (at least so it seems),

  Well, I have includes a screenshot of my messed up desktop.

  I have seen that this was a problem in the past as well (found some
  bug reports for plain vanilla debian).