What is the exact model name of your dongle.

Please reboot, reproduce the failure, connect and then run "apport-
collect 1099696" in a terminal to provide more information.

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  Can't reconnect 3G HSPA after disconnect ; log out and in fixes it

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  I try to connect with connection named "Hutch" which is associated
  with a 3G dongle and HSPA service.

  The first time it connects, but if it is disconnected and I try to
  reconnect it does not work.

  nmcli con up id Hutch

  ** (process:21044): WARNING **: async_got_type: could not read
  properties for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/19:
  Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface
  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

  ** (process:21044): WARNING **: async_got_type: could not read
  properties for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/19:
  Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface
  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

  to make this work I need to unplug and plug dongle again or logout and
  login again.This wos working on 12.04 and I doubt after update it to
  12.04.1 this occured.