Python test script

** Attachment added: "scaling.py"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/librsvg/+bug/1119304/+attachment/3520528/+files/scaling.py

Packages, which is subscribed to cairo in Ubuntu.

  Regression problem with libcairo2 (1.12.2) found in Quantal

Status in libRSVG - SVG Rendering Library:
  New
Status in “cairo” package in Ubuntu:

   The version of libcairo2 found in Ubuntu Quantal (1.12.2) and Raring
  (1.12.10) introduces a rendering bug that was not present in Oneiric
  (1.10.2)

  The rendering problem shows up when using the rsvg utility to convert
  particular SVG files to PNG format. (See package librsvg2-bin) When
  converting particular files, major artifacts are found in the output.
  At first I thought the bug was in librsvg2 but after some
  investigation I traced the problem to libcairo2. I was able to prove
  this by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to override the Quantal version with
  the Oneiric version. The artifacts then disappeared.

  TO REPRODUCE THE BUG
  This assumes you are running Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal. Download the following
test SVG file into a directory and use gunzip to unpack it.
  http://www.eiffel-loop.com/download/waterfall.svg.gz

  Download the following Python test script into the same directory:
  http://www.eiffel-loop.com/download/scaling.py

  import subprocess
  for width in range (400, 900, 100):
        print 'Converting to width:', width
        subprocess.call (['rsvg', '--width', str (width), 'waterfall.svg',
'waterfall.%s.png' % width])

  Make sure package librsvg2-bin is installed.

  Run the script from the command line. The script outputs 5 PNG files
  ranging in width from 400 to 800. The first and last PNG do not have
  any problem, but the 500, 600 and 700 width files all have major
  artifacts.

  TESTING LIBCAIRO2 VERSIONS
  Create a subdirectory 'libs'. Into this directory extract the shared object
'libcairo.so.2.xxxxx.x' from the libcairo2 debian packages for Raring and
Oneiric. Select the one for testing by creating a link. This selects the 1.10.2
version for example

      ln libs/libcairo.so.2.11000.2 libs/libcairo.so.2

  set the library path as follows

  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=libs

  Run the test script again and examine the output. You will find that
  the 1.10.2 version produces images without any artifacts.