845g bug, please upgrade to raring.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  No cursor upon upgrade reboot

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  Since I upgraded  I have no cursor arrow, but the mouse tracks as though
behind the screen and I can only  find things ( graphic interfaces, buttons,
etc) as they are highlighted by passing the mouse over the screen at random.
It's really hard to locate places on the screen. I have re-booted several
times, and tried to find a mouse configuration window other than the General
tab on the Mouse config window. I didn't make any changes to settings that I'm
aware of.
  Installed 10.04 upgrade on 9.03 program. Compaq Pressario, i830 828456/GL
Brookdale  chip, Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 2,00 Gb Ram,
  If I re-boot the cursor will not appear until I invoke the following in
terminal: sudo lshw -C display, which brings up info on my video card and the
cursor arrow appears, though nothing else has changed. It's not permanent, as
the same will happen next time I re-boot.