Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  Unable to print to password protected (cups) printer

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi!

  I'm on Precise using LibreOffice 3.5.0.

  Situation:
  Windows 7 PC with a printer shared on it (Password protected).
  Ubuntu Precise system that uses this printer in cups, and set to 'ask
password when needed'.

  Now I can print perfectly from gedit for example. After sending the print
job, I get a popup to enter the login & pass for the printer.
  But with LibreOffice it never asks the credentials, so the printing fails
(ACCESS DENIED in cups).

  Think this should be fixed asap :) Cause not being able to print in an Office
application ... :)
  ---
  ApportVersion: 1.93-0ubuntu2
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Alpha amd64 (20110705.1)
  Package: libreoffice-core 1:3.5.0-1ubuntu4
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=nl:en_AU:en
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=nl_BE.UTF-8
  Tags:  precise
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-17-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-02-19 (11 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout libvirtd lpadmin plugdev sambashare
  ---
  ApportVersion: 1.93-0ubuntu2
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Alpha amd64 (20110705.1)
  Package: libreoffice-writer 1:3.5.0-1ubuntu4