** Tags removed: software-center
** Tags added: ca-escalated

** Also affects: oneconf (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Software Center hangs selecting Installed view

Status in “oneconf” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  When selecting the 'Installed' button in Software Center on a fresh
  installation of the latest Daily build the application hangs and never
  returns any information to the screen.

  I have investigated what the issue is by running the application from
  a terminal and I received the following output to the terminal when
  attempting to selected the 'Installed' button:

    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 278, in
start_service_by_name
      'su', (bus_name, flags)))
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 651, in
call_blocking
      message, timeout)
  dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed:
Failed to execute program /usr/share/oneconf/oneconf-service: Success

  From this it seems the issue is related to oneconf being missing from the
default installation.  I ran the following and it resolved the problem with
Software Center hanging:
   sudo apt-get install software-center oneconf

  I think oneconf needs to be added into the default installation as
  without it the Software Center is non-functional.