symev_custom_3.5.0_23_generic_x86_64 nvidia
Date: Mon Feb 18 10:34:35 2013
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64 (20121017.5)
SourcePackage: gnome-power-manager

** Affects: gnome-power-manager (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug quantal running-unity

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  Battery status indicator blinking when near fully charged

Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  As you should expect by now, I have no idea if gnome-power-manager is
  the package used by unity.

  I'm using a Lenovo W510 notebook, when the battery is nearly fully
  charged the battery status indicator flips between a battery graphic
  alone and a battery graphic displaying a charge percentage which is
  wider. This leads to a nagging sense that I'm receiving an email and
  general feeling of discontent, much like looting the north west
  airfield in DayZ.

  I suspect the cause is that the battery pulse charges up the last 5%
  or so and the monitor is seeing the charging status changing from idle
  to charging repeatedly. Perhaps there should be a ride-through period,
  only change the displayed status if it remains stable for 1 minute.

  Package: gnome-power-manager 3.6.0-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-23.35-generic 3.5.7.2
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-23-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: symap_custom_3.5.0_23_generic_x86_64