** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  netbeans icon does not show in unity launcher after starting and
  stopping netbeans a few times

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  If I close and reopen netbeans 2-3 times, then it ceases to show up in
  the unity launcher.  If I minimize it, I have no way of restoring it.
  If I do "Lock in Launcher" while netbeans is starting, the icon stays
  in the launcher, but pressing it attempts to start a new instance of
  netbeans instead of bringing up the existing instance.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Reboot
  2. Start Netbeans by clicking on a .desktop file
  3. Close Netbeans
  4. Repeat steps 2 + 3 a few times until the following happens:
  Result:  Netbeans icon does not show in Unity Launcher
  Expected Result:  Netbeans icon should show up in Unity Launcher

  The problem gets fixed after a reboot, but happens again after a few launches
of netbeans, as described above.
  I noticed this after I upgraded Netbeans (from within Netbeans). I have
installed Netbeans from a netbeans installer.

  related to bug 980729
  ------------------------------------
  Configuration:

  Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Unity

  Netbeans 7.0, installed from the netbeans installer.
  netbeans-I start netbeans by clicking on a .desktop file that I have in
~/Desktop/netbeans-7.0.desktop
  Its contents is:
  [Desktop Entry]
  Encoding=UTF-8
  Name=NetBeans IDE 7.0
  Comment=The Smarter Way to Code
  Exec=/bin/sh "/mnt/storage/opt/netbeans-7.0/bin/netbeans"
  Icon=/mnt/storage/opt/netbeans-7.0/nb/netbeans.png
  Categories=Application;Development;Java;IDE
  Version=1.0
  Type=Application
  Terminal=0