I can confirm that this bug affects live session booted from today's
daily build, 20130221.1

I also get an error while booting: atl1c 0000:05:00.0 Unable to allocate
MSI interrupt Error -6 but I have no clue it is related.

  Ethernet connection - damaged packets

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I have serious trouble with Ethernet connection on fresh new install
  of Raring. Basically, after some time, in scale of minutes to days, it
  just stops responding. Not messages about disconnect at all, but due
  to ifconfig the RX packets become damaged (counters dropped, overruns
  and frame become filled).

  I know, this type of "random" errors are hard to debug, but I would do
  almost anything in my capabilities to help to solve this really
  annoying bug.

  I consulted it here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2116513
  but to sum and complete it up:

  * I have laptop with Atheros Communications Inc. AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet
(rev c0) and atl1c driver module loaded and associated with it
  * using Wcid instead of network-manager resolved the problem, but I hate that
manager so I have reverted back to network-manager
  * problem was not present in up-to-date Precise installation
  * problem persists after purging and reinstalling network-manager
  * problem persists with usage of Precise stable release up-to-date
network-manager* packages (and this fact + report from ifconfig (which can
catch that) makes me believe that problem is related with driver and not with
network-manager)
  * network-manager nor atl1c does not provide any debug details in syslog when
problem occurs
  * also tried compile and use other versions of atl1c and also alx (which, as
I found out, drops support of older hardware periodically, so did not help at
all) from "linux backports" with no luck
  * mainline kernel did not help, because of missing driver (but I have no
problem wit trying to compile and load it, not sure if this could help)
  * to temporarily resolve issue, driver must be reloaded or connection reset
by pulling out and reconnecting cable or restart whole system
  * while using live session I did not noticed any errors, but to be honest, I
would have to run it for about two days to confirm this
  * wireless connection works flawlessly
  * tried also with different cables, problem not occurred in Precise and also
not occur in Windows operating system, so this is not hardware related

  So much thanks and feel free to direct me for collecting necessary
  informations.

  Package: linux-image-3.8.0-6-generic 3.8.0-6.13
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-6.13-generic 3.8.0-rc7
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-6-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.8-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  budovi     3217 F.... pulseaudio
  Date: Mon Feb 18 16:59:18 2013
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=79baaf5e-05cb-4c1a-9b68-bec79ad0e3af
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" - Alpha amd64 (20130212)
  MachineType: Micro-Star INT'L CO., LTD. MS-16Y1
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.8.0-6-generic
root=UUID=6c01485e-7824-43c3-b40b-9c44d150f131 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-3.8.0-6-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-3.8.0-6-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                           1.102
  RfKill:
   0: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
  SourcePackage: linux
  dmi.bios.date: 12/26/2011
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: E16Y1IMS.300
  dmi.board.asset.tag: ATN12345678901234567
  dmi.board.name: MS-16Y1
  dmi.board.vendor: Micro-Star INT'L CO., LTD.
  dmi.board.version: 1.0
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Tag
  dmi.chassis.type: 9
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Micro-Star INT'L CO., LTD.
  dmi.chassis.version: 1.0
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrE16Y1IMS.300:bd12/26/2011:svnMicro-StarINT'LCO.,LTD.:pnMS-16Y1:pvr1.0:rvnMicro-StarINT'LCO.,LTD.:rnMS-16Y1:rvr1.0:cvnMicro-StarINT'LCO.,LTD.:ct9:cvr1.0:
  dmi.product.name: MS-16Y1
  dmi.product.version: 1.0
  dmi.sys.vendor: Micro-Star INT'L CO., LTD.