Now that I look at it more, though, it looks like the current route to
gstreamer 1.0 support in bug 806917 is to be able to build to support
0.10 or 1.0, not both. So unless there's some way this could be changed
to allow the same build to run in either, it looks like once gstreamer
1.0 support is in common use we'd be unable to support anything less
unless two libraries were shipped and dynamically loaded based on
detected gstreamer version.

  Build Firefox with GStreamer support

Status in The Mozilla Firefox Browser:
  Confirmed
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “iceweasel” package in Debian:
  New
Status in “firefox” package in Fedora:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  Building Firefox with GStreamer support would provide support for a lot of
websites that use h264.
  To build Firefox with GStreamer support you should use the
"--enable-gstreamer" option.