  Architecture: i386
  Date: Thu Apr 19 17:03:56 2007
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 7.04
  Package: firefox 2.0.0.3+1-0ubuntu2
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  SourcePackage: firefox
  Uname: Linux vayralemine 2.6.20-15-generic #2 SMP Sun Apr 15 07:36:31 UTC
2007 i686 GNU/Linux

  When firefox is downloading a file, crashes and restarts the session,
  it deletes the previously downloaded file

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox

  I must say that this has been really annoying.

  I was downloading a large file (the Feisty ISO, but that's not
  relevant) when firefox crashed because one of the Flash plugin bugs. I
  re-opened it, restored the session and the download manager trashed
  the data that I had already downloaded. It was 400 MB, an hour and a
  half downloading...

  The problem is that I was getting the file from a private mirror where
  I have to login in order to download anything. So, when firefox re-
  opened and tried to continue the download, it got a  webpage saying
  "permission denied" and OVERWROTE the previous data, replacing it with
  the php file.

  So, to sum up, the bug is the following: When firefox crashes, if it
  is trying to resume a download, don't trash the downloaded data. If it
  can't resume for some reason (in this case, because it got a php file
  instead an ISO image), tell the user what to do, or make a backup of
  the current data and then restart the download.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386