Coaxial SPDIF Output
Optical SPDIF Output

refer to user manual of the motherboard, there is no HDMI and spdif in

but the manual did not mention that the coaxial and optical can work
independently ?

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [HDA-Intel - HDA Intel, playback] volume slider problem, volume reset
  to 100% on s/pdif devices after changing default playback.

Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:

  I tend to switch default playback between two outputs on the same
  soundcard, the s/pdif digital out and 3.55mm headphone jack. I expect
  both devices to save their previous output levels from last time i
  used it. This doesn't happen.

  If i were to put my output volume on "s/pdif out" to 50%, and change
  my default playback to headphones to then switch back. I would notice
  that the sound volume of s/pdif returns to 100%. Basicly reseting,
  everytime i switch default playback device.

  However, this only occurs if i switch between outputs on the SAME
  soundcard. If i were to switch from s/pdif output on my integrated
  Intel soundcard, to 3.55mm on my discrete Creative X-Fi Soundcard and
  then back. The output volume would still be the same.

  It was very easy to reproduce this problem i have, done in atleast 20 seconds.
  Just change the output volumes, and switch output on the same soundcard at
"Sound" settings in Ubuntu 12.10

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-25.38-generic 3.5.7.4
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-25-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  Date: Sun Feb 24 11:22:52 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64 (20121017.5)
  MarkForUpload: True
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_Card: Barts HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6800 Series] - HD-Audio Generic
  Symptom_Type: Volume slider, or mixer problems
  Title: [HDA-Intel - HDA Intel, playback] volume slider problem
  dmi.bios.date: 08/25/2011
  dmi.bios.vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
  dmi.bios.version: 6.00 PG
  dmi.board.name: X58 SLI Classified
  dmi.board.vendor: EVGA
  dmi.board.version: Tylersburg
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: OEM
  dmi.chassis.version: OEM
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnPhoenixTechnologies,LTD:bvr6.00PG:bd08/25/2011:svnOEM:pnOEM:pvrOEM:rvnEVGA:rnX58SLIClassified:rvrTylersburg:cvnOEM:ct3:cvrOEM:
  dmi.product.name: OEM
  dmi.product.version: OEM
  dmi.sys.vendor: OEM