> Very good news for many bugs!
> But one bad... No performane impact by (a)?
> (Huge Mbox like [Gmail]/All Mail is very popular, and I saw a bug report by
> user on slowness with 136MB Junk.msf in the past...)

The changes that I am thinking of only expand the size of the mbox for
custom headers added by the user. Although there is a performance impact
in that case, it applies only to a small minority of users who add a
particular custom header. By adding the header, they are saying that it
is important to them, so adding it to the database is necessary for them
to be able to use it effectively.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  After-the-fact Filters on custom header won't match for IMAP messages

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird Mail and News:
  Confirmed
Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: thunderbird

  Message filtering appears to be broken on Thunderbird
  2.0.0.4~rc1-0ubuntu1 in Gutsy with IMAP. I created a filter for the
  warthogs list and it would not move the messages from my inbox to the
  folder I had created. It also did not put anything into the filter
  log. I tried using the Thunderbird on Feisty with my laptop and it
  worked fine when using the same settings. Chris Jones mentioned he
  also noticed the same or perhaps a similar issue today.