*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1144445 ***
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1144445
This post is a duplicate/double post of bug #1144445. Closing.
** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 1144445
Update Manager and Software Center not working after an incomplete
installation
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1144444
Title:
Update Manager and Software Center not working after an incomplete
installation
Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I am using Ubuntu 11.04. I have tried to install the "Circular Chaos"
package which said I have purchase the game for "$0" and so I clicked
on the purchase option. The purchase was successful and it started
downloading the package and started installing. The game also started
working.
When I wanted to uninstall the package, I noticed that both Software
Centre and Update Manager were not working. I am attaching the logs
along with this report. The following is the error statement:
/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/app.py:1194: Warning:
g_object_set_qdata: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
self.window_main.show_all()
2013-03-04 19:17:37,757 - softwarecenter.fixme - WARNING - logs to the root
logger: '('/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/zeitgeist/client.py', 367,
'reconnect_monitors')'
2013-03-04 19:17:37,757 - zeitgeist.client - INFO - Reconnected to Zeitgeist
engine...
2013-03-04 19:17:37,760 - softwarecenter.app - INFO - software-center-agent
finished with status 0
/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/SimpleGtkbuilderApp.py:50: Warning:
g_object_set_qdata: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
gtk.main()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/apt/aptcache.py", line 107,
in open
self._cache = apt.Cache(GtkMainIterationProgress())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/apt/cache.py", line 89, in __init__
self.open(progress)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/apt/cache.py", line 131, in open
self._list.read_main_list()
SystemError: E:Opening
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/private-ppa.launchpad.net_commercial-ppa-uploaders_circular-chaos_ubuntu.list
- ifstream::ifstream (13: Permission denied)
I also tried running "fix broken package" option in the recovery mode.
The following is the purchage statement which I received through
email.
Circular Chaos
To install packages from this archive you need to copy the line below
and add it to your system's software sources.
Deb line for Circular Chaos for Ubuntu 11.04:
deb https://mrunalinee-cp:QFRJk1T4XcslHXSsBKRZ@private-
ppa.launchpad.net/commercial-ppa-uploaders/circular-chaos/ubuntu natty
main
This repository is signed with OpenPGP key 1024R/75254D99. The PPA
fingerprint is 33E0E91BDD8E7F4B53837F09E131728675254D99.
See your full list of subscriptions
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/1144444/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp