Le 04.03.2013 19:30, Michael Nagel a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> thank you for filing this bug and showing your interest in Simple Scan!
>
> This seems to be a Hardware Issue, i.e. Simple Scan does not support
> your scanner perfectly -- or possibly not at all.
>
> Unfortunately such problems happen more often then they should, and while it
> might indeed be a problem with Simple Scan, in our experience, most of the
> time it is not.
> This is why we prepared a check-list at [1] that will let you find out
> whether or not it really is a problem with Simple Scan and what your options
> are in either case.
>
> Please read that list and tell us how you decided to proceed. I will set
> this bug to "Incomplete", so a friendly robot will expire this bug in 60
> days if you do not respond. However, we would really prefer to hear back
> from you!
>
> Best Regards
> Michael
>
> [1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SimpleScanHardwareIssues
>
> please check with xsane/scanimage
>
> ** Changed in: simple-scan (Ubuntu)

Thank you for your reply.
I have to point out that it is _not_ a hardware issue, as simple scan
has worked in the past with my scanner (HP 4070 ScanJet Photosmart),
Xsane has never stopped working.
However you may close this bug if you wish, as after re-installing
Simple Scan with ubuntu 12.10, it now seems to work alright, with the
same hardware.

Best regards,
Eric

Packages, which is subscribed to simple-scan in Ubuntu.

  scanning gives a gray page

Status in “simple-scan” package in Ubuntu:

  scanner: hp scanjet 4070 photosmart

  Whatever the dpi setting, the output is always a gray page

  Package: simple-scan 3.4.1-0ubuntu1.1
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Mar  4 10:54:44 2013
  DriverPackageVersions:
   libsane 1.0.22-7ubuntu1
   libsane-extras N/A
   hplip 3.12.2-1ubuntu3.1
   hpoj N/A
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  MachineType: To Be Filled By O.E.M. To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-38-generic
root=UUID=e19519ce-61eb-49b2-8cd6-921ce1bc05c6 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  SourcePackage: simple-scan
  dmi.bios.date: 10/31/2007
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: P2.00
  dmi.board.name: ConRoe1333-DVI/H.
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.chassis.version: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrP2.00:bd10/31/2007:svnToBeFilledByO.E.M.:pnToBeFilledByO.E.M.:pvrToBeFilledByO.E.M.:rvn:rnConRoe1333-DVI/H.:rvr:cvnToBeFilledByO.E.M.:ct3:cvrToBeFilledByO.E.M.:
  dmi.product.name: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.product.version: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  dmi.sys.vendor: To Be Filled By O.E.M.