Also here. Gwibber eats 100% of one CPU and not happy, works slow,
scroll is a pain since its slow and page changes their size because
image loading.

And here isnt a weak machine, i have a Core 2 Quad 2.4 and my load
average isnt high:

root@betty:~# uptime
 10:29:34 up 7 days, 11:42,  7 users,  load average: 0,40, 0,51, 0,60

P.s:  Was high because i tried to open Gwibber.

Packages, which is subscribed to gwibber in Ubuntu.

  Gwibber 3.6.0 uses almost 100% of CPU

Status in “gwibber” package in Ubuntu:

  I am testing Ubuntu
  Release 13.04 (raring) 32-bit
  Kernel Linux 3.8.0-5-generic
  GNOME 3.6.2 (I am using Unity, not Gnome)

  After setting up Facebook and Twitter accounts I tried to access
  Facebook and Twitter from the notification center (envelope icon on
  top right of the screen). However, if did not show any messages or
  notifications. I then opened Gwibber Client and found it to be blank.
  I re-checked if the Facebook and Twitter accounts were authenciated
  and they were. Internet was working fine too. Then I opened Processes
  in System Monitor to see if Gwibber was idle (using 0% of the CPU).
  However, Gwibber was causing my laptop to overheat by using almost
  100% of the CPU. I have attached a screenshot showing System Monitor
  and Gwibber Client 3.6.0