May be a duplicate of Bug #1073266

  Libreoffice Math Menu not visible/accessible when creating a formula
  inside Writer

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using LibreOffice 3.6.2.2 on Ubuntu 12.10 (32 bits). When
creating/editing a formula with Math inside a Writer document, you can't access
to the Math's menu. The only menu that is visible/accessible all the time is
Writer's global menu. Under these circumstances, you can't edit the formula's
font features (family, size), and many other Math options are unusable.
  I think it's an issue related to the globalmenu integration for Libreoffice,
since this bug isn't present on Precise.

  Please, fix it. LibreOffice is a critical piece of softwate in Ubuntu.

  Thanks a lot.

  Roberto.

  Package: libreoffice 1:3.6.2~rc2-0ubuntu3
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-17-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu6
  Architecture: i386