This problem get harder in my case, with English and Persian layouts. If I was using Persian layout and left my computer, I would lose all of my unsaved work; because there's no way to enter English letters through Persian layout.
-- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1010866 Title: No Keyboard Layout option in lock screen Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu: Confirmed Bug description: I have QWERTY as my default keyboard layout and I am using Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit) with Gnome Shell. Now, 1. I switched it to Dvorak and made Dvorak default and the QWERTY secondary. 2. Now I start learning Dvorak 3. Now I go away from computer for tea 4. When I come back the computer is locked due to auto lock setting 5. Now I can not type password using QWERTY because default layout set to Dvorak as said in #1 6. I am locked out since yet I have not learned the Dvorak layout So it will be great to provide keyboard layout button to change the layout using mouse on the lock screen as that of the login screen. Thank you. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04 Package: gnome-screensaver 3.4.1-0ubuntu1 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.39-generic 3.2.16 Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic x86_64 ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu8 Architecture: amd64 Date: Sat Jun 9 17:40:42 2012 EcryptfsInUse: Yes GnomeSessionIdleInhibited: No GnomeSessionInhibitors: None GsettingsGnomeSession: org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay uint32 600 org.gnome.desktop.session session-name 'ubuntu' InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64 (20120425) SourcePackage: gnome-screensaver UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) WindowManager: No value set for `/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager' To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screensaver/+bug/1010866/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

