** Attachment added: "screenshot"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/855666/+attachment/2436371/+files/Older%20version.png

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Long non-wrapping text if an older version is in Ubuntu archives

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  software-center trunk r2404, Ubuntu 11.10 beta

  1. Go to <http://www.dropbox.com/downloading?src=index>.
  2. Click on the Ubuntu download link, and choose "Open in Ubuntu Software
Center".

  What you see:
  ------------
  An older version of "nautilus-dropbox" is available in your normal software
channels. Only instal
  ------------
  That is, two strings are concatenated into one ribbon, and they don't wrap.

  What you should see:
  Standalone software package

  A minimal improvement would be just to make the existing text wrap.

  Separately, we should remove the "An older version ... is available"
  text altogether. We should advertise newer versions, not older
  versions. (Or if we should advertise older versions, we should figure
  out why and how.) <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareCenter#gdebi>