> In addition to that, we could potentially consider importing the
> ogg/webm/h264 gst plugins in m-c so there's even more control over those.

I'd rather keep our existing backends/libraries for decoding Ogg and
WebM unless there's a compelling reason to switch to using GStreamer for
those formats.

Our Ogg and WebM libraries have been fuzzed pretty hard over the years,
and our backends using those libraries have been well tested and are
known to be robust and work well. We don't really want to redo all that
"robustification" work for Ogg and WebM, we won't gain much by doing
that now. Keeping our existing libraries also ensures Firefox's media
playback behaviour is more likely to remain consistent across all
platforms.

  Build Firefox with GStreamer support

Status in The Mozilla Firefox Browser:
  Confirmed
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “iceweasel” package in Debian:
  New
Status in “firefox” package in Fedora:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  Building Firefox with GStreamer support would provide support for a lot of
websites that use h264.
  To build Firefox with GStreamer support you should use the
"--enable-gstreamer" option.