Promising news; thanks Robert! I haven't checked out this option yet. When I do, I suppose that a few questions on what you say in comment #17 will be straightened out.
I for one hope that the language chooser will be enabled by default in Ubuntu 12.04, and that related packages will be backported to Oneiric. However, there is a need to dig into the details before a proper decision on the topic can be made. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/803858 Title: No language chooser on login screen in LightDM Status in Light Display Manager: Fix Committed Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu: Fix Committed Bug description: LightDM doesn't appear to have a language selection choice in the Login screen, we need this to switch between Chinese and English for regular use, this feature is present in GDM, and we are really want to have it in LightDm as well, including correct setup of the zh_CN.utf-8 locale. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm/+bug/803858/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

