** Attachment added: "ThreadStacktrace.txt"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1159083/+attachment/3591543/+files/ThreadStacktrace.txt
** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Invalid
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1159083
Title:
gnome-control-center crashed with SIGSEGV on default web browser
change to "Web Browser"
Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
Invalid
Bug description:
System settings > Details > Default applications > Web > set default
browser to "Web Browser."
I'm not sure, but I think web-browser is sensible-browser, which is
the default browser. So by setting the default browser to "Web
Browser," I was setting the default browser to itself which apparently
caused a problem. If this is the case, "Web Browser" should not appear
in the list. I have xubuntu-desktop installed (but wasn't using it
when I experienced the bug), if that's the kind of thing that would
make the "Web Browser" entry appear in the list.
ProblemType: Crash
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.04
Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu16
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-13.23-generic 3.8.3
Uname: Linux 3.8.0-13-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.9.2-0ubuntu2
Architecture: amd64
CrashCounter: 1
Date: Sat Mar 23 04:40:05 2013
Disassembly: => 0x7f5cdff32357: Cannot access memory at address
0x7f5cdff32357
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-control-center
InstallationDate: Installed on 2012-12-22 (90 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64 (20121017.5)
MarkForUpload: True
ProcCmdline: gnome-control-center
ProcEnviron:
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
SHELL=/bin/bash
LANGUAGE=en_US:en
PATH=(custom, no user)
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SegvAnalysis:
Segfault happened at: 0x7f5cdff32357: Cannot access memory at address
0x7f5cdff32357
PC (0x7f5cdff32357) ok
SP (0x7fffadb97390) ok
Reason could not be automatically determined.
Signal: 11
SourcePackage: gnome-control-center
Stacktrace:
#0 0x00007f5cdff32357 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
Cannot access memory at address 0x7fffadb97390
StacktraceTop: ?? ()
Title: gnome-control-center crashed with SIGSEGV
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to raring on 2013-02-03 (48 days ago)
UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
usr_lib_gnome-control-center:
activity-log-manager-control-center 0.9.4-0ubuntu6.1
deja-dup 25.5-0ubuntu1
gnome-control-center-signon 0.1.4-0ubuntu1
gnome-control-center-unity 1.2daily13.02.15-0ubuntu1
indicator-datetime 12.10.3daily13.03.07-0ubuntu1
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1159083/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp