@Joeri Eilander - Uploaded image:

http://imgur.com/U150pJn

The bar missing goes in the bottom (there is no option in preferences).
Typically shows how many items (folders and files) are in the current
folder and how much disk space is left. It was there in 12.10 under the
View option in the menu (Status Bar).

  Nautilus not showing status bar by default

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  In 13.04, Nautilus is not showing the status bar on the bottom when
  entering a folder with many items on it. It only shows the status bar
  when I select the items in it, but not by default when I go inside a
  folder. It should, like in the past, tell me how many items are shown
  (Folder and files) and how much free space is left.

  There is no option to activate this via gui either.