Marking won't fix because the pre-populating of zeitgeist is actually a
feature so that the user is not faced with any empty dash after doing a
fresh install.  I think there is a bug for the change that implemented
this feature, but can't remember bug # off hand.

** Changed in: ayatana-design

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Unity home lens' "Recent Applications" shows applications as being
  recently used on first login after fresh install even when I've not
  opened any of them

Status in Ayatana Design:
  Won't Fix
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  I did a fresh install of Precise 12.04.1 inside a VM. When I opened
  the home lens for the first time, I had numerous "Recent Apps" despite
  the fact that I've never previously signed in. This was the very first
  boot. I've been able to repro this several times, but I've not tried
  in Raring yet.

  The recent apps listed were regular apps, like Help, Thunderbird,
  Calc, Gedit, Rhythmbox, etc. I will note that none of the apps are in
  the Launcher, although I believe this is by design that launcher apps
  don't show up as recently used.

  I do not know if this is a Unity home lens issue, zeitgeist, or
  perhaps even done by design to show people more apps, but I'm starting
  with the Unity bug bucket for lack of a better place to put this. I'm
  open to gathering more info if needed.

  The attached screenshot shows the issue.